Job Type: Full-time
Braiding is the process of applying a specified braid/shield material over a core wire or cable. This process is completed by running various types of 16 and 24 carrier machines. This is a work-in-process step in the manufacturing process of various final wire and cable products.Responsibilities:
• Process all orders in accordance with schedules.
• Review routing sheets
• Set up, operate, and adjust machinery according to defined engineering specifications and operating procedures
• Move raw and finished product within work area
• Load full and empty spools onto and off of machine, thread wire through machine, splicing/fusing ends together as needed
• Change bobbins on and “thread” braid machines, splicing ends as needed
• Strip/cut wire, feed through machine, and / or connect wire
• Visually & tactilely inspect wire as it moves through process
• Clean and oil machines, replenish oil
• Maintain supplies at stations
• Generate labels, wrap the product
• Perform in-process quality inspection
• Maintain documentation / production reports and records
• Assure quality of all production.
• Record and maintain quality control data for all production control personnel on production schedules.
• Maintain accurate production reporting records.
• Maintain equipment required at operator level.
• Adheres to safe work practice requirement.
• Work overtime as duties demands
• Adherence to AS9100 requirements.
• Receive and store supplies
• Keep area clean
• Train other personnel
• Participate in meetings
• Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and read. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves walking and lifting less than 35 pounds throughout the day.
High school diploma or GED.
Must be able to input on work performed utilizing a computer.
Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
Must be able to comply with all company policies.
Attendance Bonus Program
Medical, dental, and vision
Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account
10 Paid Holidays
Employee Referral Bonus Program
401 K with matching contributions and discretionary contributions
Short Term and Long Term Disability